TITLE: Sr. Director of Development
REPORTS TO: USA Shooting (USAS) Chief Executive Officer
COORDINATES WITH: USA Shooting staff, USA Shooting Team Foundation, USAS Board and other USAS stakeholders.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE: including insurance, 401(k), paid time off, and work holidays
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include three references.
JOB POSTING CLOSES: February 24, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: Working in close collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Sr. Director of Development will design and execute a comprehensive fund development strategy for USA Shooting. The Sr. Director of Development will oversee and execute both the development strategy for major gifts and planned gifts as well as the general fundraising effort. The Sr. Director of Development is responsible for cultivating business relationships, acquiring, and servicing sponsorships from foundations, corporations, and individual gifts. This position will be responsible for managing fundraising programs/events and directing philanthropic programs. This position works closely with the Manager of Public Relations and Communications to promote the visibility of USAS. Must have experience identifying prospects, negotiating, implementing, and servicing sponsorship agreements and developing systems to support marketing and fundraising activities. Outstanding written and oral communication skills are required. Knowledge of business operations, corporate marketing, the shooting sports, and contacts within the outdoor industry is important. Valuable traits include a history of accomplishment, being a self-starter, and creativity in formulating ideas and execution of resource development.
COMPENSATION: Base Salary Range: $100,000 – $150,000 commensurate with experience. Considerations for commissions will be given based on funding levels achieved.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of five years’ experience with demonstrated success in non-profit fund raising with emphasis in major gifts. Experience with the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the outdoor and shooting sports industries are highly desired.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Design a development strategy for USA Shooting by working with the management team and USAS and USAS Foundation Boards to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and strategies.
- Design, implement and manage all major gift development activities including endowment, capital/funding campaigns and special projects.
- Manage strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
- Maintain contact with and develop grant proposals for foundations and corporations.
- Work with CEO to develop a comprehensive planned giving program.
- Assist CEO and Manager of Public Relations and Communications with web communication and content as they pertain to major gift and planned giving.
- Work and coordinate with outside partners and/or contracted organizations that support the fundraising efforts.
- Develop proposals including supporting material for major gift initiatives.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive annual and longer-range strategic marketing and fund-raising plan.
- Manage USAS sponsorship and fundraising programs.
- Identify, solicit, and manage sponsorships from corporations, associations, and individuals.
- Develop proposals, promotional brochures, and other written materials in support of fundraising initiatives.
- Recruit and train USA Shooting athletes and volunteers as needed to support fundraising requirements.
- Prepare department reports for the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Prepare annual operating budget for resource development and operate within the approved budget.
- Coordinate with the public and media relations department to promote effective and consistent communications that enhance and promote USAS visibility and image.
- Provide input to corporate operating policies and procedures that enhance the solicitation, maintenance, and ability to retain sponsors and donors.
- Track pipeline activities with periodic reporting to CEO and USAS staff and Board as agreed upon.
- Create a development committee to develop strategies to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals.
- Coordinate ongoing major gift fundraising training for Board, staff, and volunteer leadership.
- Provide development reports to the USAS and USAS Foundation Boards.
DEVELOPMENT OFFICE INFRASTRUCTURE:
- Manage and lead team of USAS staff and contracted fundraising and marketing personnel.
- Utilize CRM for moves management and implementation of major gift program.
- Supervise donor and gift record-keeping.
- Coordinate development research activities.
- Oversee the management of relevant databases.
- Develop and maintain key long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
- Organize and conduct donor stewardship events.
- Manage and maintain the donor database.
EXECUTE OTHER TASKS AS ASSIGNED
Craig Kozeniesky, Chief Executive Officer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. USA Shooting, a National Governing Body of the USOPC (United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee), is an equal opportunity employer.