Sandra and her husband Eric understand how to support each other in this sport even more than most married couples do since they are both world class shooters. They were the only US married couple to compete for USA Shooting in the London 2012 Olympic Games. Eric is a two-time Olympian in the 50m Rifle Prone event, and recently retired from the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit.
Sandra had never fired any firearm until having to qualify on the M16 rifle in Army basic training. Following her initial training, she faced forest fires, earthquakes, and riots as a member of the California Army National Guard from 1989 to 1992. She was recruited to active service as a shooter/small arms instructor at the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit from 1992 to 1995. She left active service to complete a Bachelor of Science degree, graduating Summa Cum Laude, in 1998, while also being awarded All-American in air pistol and free pistol.
She joined the Navy Reserves from 2001 to 2014 when she and Eric moved to Colorado, serving as an Information Systems Technician. Sandra deployed to Afghanistan with the Seabees in 2010 and has
survived Eric’s two deployments as well. Due to a major drawdown in the Navy, she made the switch back to the Army Reserves, and currently serves with the 98th Training Division.
In addition to training for her second Olympic Games, Sandra is working to complete a master’s degree in Network and Communications Management with a concentration in Information Security. She’s won three- consecutive Olympic Quota spots for Team USA in 2011, 2015, and most recently 2019.
- 2022 Winter Air Gun Championships, Bronze, Women's 10m Air Pistol-(Camp Perry location)
- 2022 Championships of the Americas, Gold, 10m Air Pistol Women’s Team; Silver, 25m Pistol Women’s Team
- 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, 10th, 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team; 33rd, 25m Pistol; 49th, 10m Air Pistol
- 2019 Pan American Games gold medalist, Sport Pistol, (Olympic Quota Winner)
- 2015 Pan American Games Silver Medalist (Sport) (Olympic Quota Winner)
- 2012 Rio Olympic Games, 28th place, Air Pistol; 28th place Sport Pistol
- 2011 Pan American Games bronze medalist, Air Pistol, (Olympic Quota Winner)
- World Championships - 8th place 2010; Team bronze 2002
- US National Championships - 15-time National Champion
- Pan American Games Gold (25m) and Olympic country quota slot, 2019
- Pan American Games Silver (25m) and Olympic country quota slot, 2015
- Pan American Games Silver (25m), Bronze (10m) and Olympic country quota slot, 2011
- Pan American Games Gold (25m) and Olympic country quota slot, 2007
- Pan American Games Gold (25m) and Olympic country quota slot, 2003
- Pan American Games Team Gold, 1995